The Gorillas of Swing
"The Kings of the Swinging Jungle:" A Party Band for Swing Lovers Based in the Dallas-Ft. Worth Area
(New awesome demos coming soon! Videos below are from a previous incarnation of the band.)
- Classy and elegant, yet can also get the party started as "the kings of the swinging jungle!"
- Wide repertoire to fit your tastes: from the classic crooners to hard-driving big band swing, neo-swing, Latin repertoire, and even modern pop songs re-imagined in a swing style, there's a little something for everyone!
- Dinner Shows: Listen to your favorite crooner songs, instrumental ballads, and other fun & interesting repertoire as you enjoy your dinner or cocktail hour.
- Dance Sets with non-stop music: For swing-lovers, we offer up to four hard-driving non-stop electro-swing dance sets to keep the party going! (Or if you prefer a purely acoustic dance set, we can do that, too!)
The Dinner Set(s):
The Dance Set(s):
- Traditional 1930s-40s repertoire. (Up to 2 complete sets.)
- Neo-Swing and Pop re-imagined in a swing style. (1 complete set.)
- Latin repertoire. (1 complete set.)
- Mix of repertoire: traditional, neo-swing, pop (re-imagined in a swing style), and Latin. (Up to 4 complete sets.)
We're Jazz Musicians, But We Don't Just "Wing-It."
No awkward silences: we come prepared with a well-balanced set list (list of songs to play, in order), so there is never an awkward discussion about what to play next. For the dinner show, we bridge the gap between songs as the band changes numbers with anecdotes and humor. For the dance sets, the music is arranged to provide non-stop music from beginning to end, and our DJ is ready to take over the moment the band takes a break between sets.
- More of your favorite songs per set: In addition to being more organized with our set lists, we do shorter, more compact arrangements so you can hear more of your favorite songs per set. (Plus, we aren't limited to our repertoire list. Since I'm a professional arranger, we can play a thrilling version of pretty much any song you want to hear for an extra arranging/rehearsal fee.)
- Professional Quality Sound. In addition to our talented musicians--each of whom are artists in their own right--I've learned from experience that bringing my own professional audio engineer and equipment is critical to ensuring the band always sounds great, is properly balanced, EQ'd properly, and that the sound levels are appropriate for the event. (This is something many other bands of this type don't put enough focus on.)
- Professional vibes. We take seriously the importance of showing up on time, being dressed appropriately for the event, being ready to entertain, and also refraining from alcohol while we're working.